.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Sunday, March 22, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

This year for St. Patrick's Day we decided to have some fun...

so we put on the best green shirts we could find, drew shamrocks on our cheeks and on our hands with a green marker (I wanted to do the whole face paint thing but I didn't have any paint - and the celebrating st. patrick's day thing was pretty spontaneous), made shamrock shaped sugar cookies with green frosting and green sprinkles (mmmmm yum), listened to Irish music all day, and ran around the house doing Riverdance moves... It was AWESOME!

It might not sound that awesome to most people - but to a mom who just cleans and picks up toys, and cooks and disciplines all day - it was a nice change from the norm. Anyway maybe we'll make it a tradition - We'll call it the "St. Patrick's Day - dance - around - the - house - doing - nothing but - being - silly- day". Sometimes you just need those kind of days. I told Talen that we were going to make St. Patrick's day cookies and all day, until we finally made them, he kept saying "mommy, we are going to make patrick's cookies?" I thought that was really cute - and apparently I need to go to art school because he kept calling all of my perfectly drawn shamrocks butterflies. Geez!





6 comments:

Tami Davis said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I wish I could be home more, but since I'm the only one with a job right now I'm feeling the stress of having to work. Brian made corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's day. Rhianne loved the corned beef - and ate up all the leftovers. Addy loved the cabbage and pretty much ate that all up.

Ashlee & Christian said...

You are such a fun mom. I love it. What a cute fun idea!

Jani Jo said...

What fun pics! I love the idea of doing Riverdance all day.. you should make it a weekly tradition:) I cannot believe how much your little Kendal has changed; what a cutie pie!

Victoria said...

How great. We did nothing. I am using your home school idea, though. We've learned about fish and pigs. Next, Rachel wants to learn about frogs and drums. It is so fun to teach.

Charlotte Lundell said...

...don't butterflies and shamrocks look alike?

Nehring Fun said...

What a fun day!! I love being silly and doing something out of the norm, it does do a lot of good to us stay at home moms doesn't it!?:)