.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Monday, August 3, 2009

Job Update




Okay, so here's the scoop. Jared has 2 possible, maybe 3 companies interested in him. One is from Austin, Texas. They contacted him and informed him that he had made the "short list" and asked if he was interested in working for them. He said yes and they said that they would call him and let him know if he made the "next short list" and that if he did they would fly him our for a job offer around the 1st of September.

Number two is a company from Detroit, Michigan. They also contacted Jared last week and asked him if he was interested in working for them and he also said yes. They told him they would call him this week and that if the phone interview went well that they would probably fly him out for a job offer.

And Number Three is not so cut and dry, it's the Martin Agency here in Richmond. They recently hired him for some freelance work and a couple of the creative directors told him casually in an email that they liked his work and that if they receive any new business, for Jared to contact them (for a job opportunity). Well today it was announced that Martin won the new Expedia account, which is about a 60 million dollar account. Which means they've won new business. So Jared contacted them today to kind of help remind them of him.

So that's the scoop. 3 possible places, no solid offers yet. Our lease expires in 13 days and our only plan as of today is to temporarily stay with some friends out here in Virginia, or to temporarily stay with my brother in Missouri until something solid happens. We've already started loading boxes to a storage unit.

It's weird that all of this is coming to a head at the same time. I just have to take a deep breath and take it one day at a time. Thank goodness for friends and family. And Thank you to everyone for your prayers and your fasting. I know Heavenly Father is blessing us. I just wish the timing was a little more convenient. But I really shouldn't complain. We've had the whole summer to spend time together as a family and that has been worth more than anything.

Who ever would have ever guessed 4 months ago that we'd still be here in beautiful Richmond...

4 comments:

Marissa said...

hey - we would hate for you guys to leave, but would be so glad for you to get a job and not have to stress anymore. Plus, starting over and living in new places is always such an adventure. At least you know you always have a place to stay when in Richmond....

Nehring Fun said...

Yeah finally some "offers!" I would hope of course that you would stay but wherever the job takes you....Can't wait to hear where!!

Suzie Soda said...

Just praying something works out for the best.It would be great if it were here but wherever the Lord wants you. Good Luck!

Ashlee & Christian said...

Oh wow! How exciting. We have still been praying for you guys. I can't wait to hear what happened this week. I have been out of town all week and behind in my blogging, so I am hoping that by now something has worked out. Thanks for the Toucan dinner coupons. We went and had a great time. Thanks! I selfishly hope you move in with your parents only for the sake of then I can see you guys. Carter misses Talen so much.