.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Monday, June 21, 2010

Talen is 4 years old!

I honestly can't believe my little baby boy is 4 now. I know I sound like a broken record, but holy bejiggles, TIME FLIES. 3 and 4 have actually been a really fun age and I'm enjoying every second of it. We had an awesome party for him, and for only living here for 3 months I have to say that we had an amazing turn out, everyone came that we invited, and everyone thought the party was great.

I scheduled a fire station tour, and of course knowing our luck when we all arrived at the station, the fire chief came out to greet us and said, "Well I have some bad news, we have no fire trucks here right now, because they just called out on an emergency, I can give the kids a tour of the facility, but there isn't much to see." Well needless to say my heart was broken as were all of these parents and children who had been informed that they would be seeing firetrucks. I didn't know what to do. Well then one of the parents had a stroke of genius and called another fire station in a neighboring city and very convincingly told them that if they did not give us a fire truck demonstration then we would start a fire if we had to get one, ha ha ha. Well the lady on the phone was very nice and agreed to a last minute fire truck demonstration for 16 children anxiously waiting.
So we all hopped in our cars again and caravaned to Rochester Hills and we got our fire truck demonstration. The fireman that did it for us was extremely nice and patient, and great with the kids. He let all of them sit in the front seat of the truck and turn the steering wheel. He turned on the sirens and the lights for the kids, and he even let every child shoot water out of the hose. It was GREAT!

Then we came home, had hot dogs, opened presents, played a quick game of pin the fire hat on the dalmation, and had fire truck cake. It was a birthday I hope he'll never forget and I honestly think that he really needed it. We've been through so much this past year, we've lived in 5 states, and Talen hasn't had any good friends, I think he needed this to feel special and to feel secure, and to feel like he has friends. Jared really wanted Talen to have just a family party this year (and I understand why, it's cheaper and less work), but I truly think he needed this, and I think he felt on top the world that day. He cares so much about having friends.

So at a glance Talen at the age of 4 is:

-becoming extremely helpful, he'll help unload the dishwasher, he'll help cook anything because he loves to cook, he'll help Kendal get a drink of water, he'll help Kendal get her tooth brush ready, he'll help her put shoes on, he likes to put his own clothes away and he is awesome at making his own bed.
-he's very much a people person and never wants to be left out of anything
-he is still very snuggly and kissy, and values physical affection tremendously
-he is very sensitive when being spoken to and needs to be heard.
-he is becoming more independent, he can put on his own shoes, get himself dressed, ride a big boy bike (with training wheels), clean up his plate after meals, pour himself a drink, brush his own teeth, wash his hair, go under water at the pool, turn on a DVD (I'm not sure I like this one), etc.
-He is becoming more cooperative and easily persuaded by kind words and logic
-He can write his name, write all the letters of the alphabet, he knows all of his numbers and can also do some basic math. He knows the 7 continents and the 4 oceans, and loves to do preschool at home with mommy. His favorite part of doing school is reading words, and playing the money game.
-He has found great value in money due to a recent experience where he happened to have 2 quarters in his pocket when the ice cream truck drove by our house, and I said, "I'm sorry buddy I don't have any money on me, and he said, as he pulled out the 2 quarters, "I do", and sure enough he did and how could I not let him get something. So now he collects any kind of money he can find and saves it up for those special moments.
-His probably absolute most favorite thing to do is ride his bike.

Talen is a great kid, he's very silly and full of energy, but we wouldn't have it any other way. We are so grateful for him and we can't wait to see what year 4 will bring. He is a very special kid.

Below are some pics of the party:













Joshua, Josh, Nathan, Spencer, Lexi, Sylvia, Karina, Morgan, Talen, Kendal, Bronson


Addison, Cooper, Josh, Nathan, Spencer, Sylvia, Karina, Talen, Kendal, Bronson


When I passed the camera off to my friend to take pictures during presents a setting go switched so all the pictures came out really blurry, so I artisized this one up for fun.

The cake



What a cute birthday boy!

No comments: