I can't believe it has taken me this long to update my blog, better late than never right? I thought I would post some pictures from the past year to catch you all up to speed on our first year in Michigan. It has been a crazy one full of fun activities, growth, and success.
I finally opened a little home daycare in October of last year. I have about 7 children that I care for on a regular basis in addition to Talen and Kendal. I'm certified to care for 6 children at a time and the business has been running great. It's definitely challenging at times, but so worth it! The kids love having friends come to play everyday and I love the extra income! The most challenging aspect of the daycare is the lack of time I have to spend doing things I love like sewing, scrapbooking, spending one on one time with Talen and Kendal, reading, and of course BLOGGING. Time is definitely much more valuable when you have a full time job. We know it is a temporary job to help us recover from our year of unemployment and I know that a little later down the road I will be able to enjoy the life of being a "stay at home mom" again and bring a couple more little Davis's into our home, but for now I own a daycare, and it's a huge blessing for our family.
You can view my website if your interested by clicking here : www.auburnhillsdaycare.com
Jared's having a lot of success in his advertising career and has begun producing commercials for Jeep and Walmart. He's excited to do some traveling in June to California for his first shoot. It should be a great experience for him.
Kendal and Talen are doing awesome, but are growing too quickly for me to keep up. They have adapted to living in Michigan with flying colors. Talen still talks about Virginia and Missouri, Utah and Colorado, but he's made some wonderful friends here and is getting ready to start Kindergarten in September. I can't talk about it too much or I'll get emotional. He's my baby and I'm really going to miss him more than he'll ever know, but he's so ready and so excited. He's been doing preschool with me at home since he was 2 1/2 and he's a great student and eager to learn more. Right now we are working on a reading program together and he's already reading! We've also just started reading the "Captain Underpants" series together and he loves it! Also this summer we are going to enroll him in swimming, karate, and a couple of summer camps. So our little 5 year old is getting busy.
Kendal doesn't remember much about Colorado or Utah, but does remember living with her adorable cousin Kashton, and her amazing Aunt Bethany and Uncle Cameron who shared a quaint 3 bedroom house with our family for 3 months! She often reminisces about playing in their backyard and playing with Kashton. She has started preschool at home with me and is doing great. She is already writing her name, drawing very detailed pictures (we call her our little artist) and learning all about animals, math, and shapes. She's been enrolled in dance since October of last year and has loved it! Her first recital is coming up at the end of June and it will be a very special day for her. She's starting to show an interest in doing crafts with mommy, which I'm so excited about, and she will also be enrolling in swimming this summer followed by gymnastics in the fall. So she too is also getting busy!
Anyway check the next post for all the pictures of our first year here so far....There are A LOT of photos so grab a soda and a chocolate bar....



2 comments:
I am so happy you finally updated your blog...I was actually just thinking the other day it is been way to long since I emailed you to catch up. Love all the pictures and what fun you guys have been having...that is one reason why I hate living in UT there aren't many things to go see and do. You have such a cute family. I can't believe how stinkin' cute those kids have gotten. They look so grown up. Glad to hear your daycare is going so well, good for you. You are such a super Mom and I look up to you in all that you do. I need some preschool ideas to start with Carter, I will have to email you for some ideas. Take care!
Yay! You FINALLY updated! You are looking skinny and your kids are stinkin' cute. So glad you are all doing well!
Post a Comment