We went to DC a few days before Christmas to see the lights at the DC Temple and to the Air and Space Museum. We also planned to go see the National Tree but we ran out of time.
The DC Temple Visitors Center was decked out for the holiday's with a 90-something collection of Nativity's from around the world as well as a collection of Photography depicting Christ's life called Reflections of Christ (this was my favorite part because photography makes him and his life seem so much more real than paintings)The photography was beautiful. I took Talen around to all the pictures and told him what was going on in them. He loved talking about the baby Jesus and "Jophes" (Joseph) and Mary and the Angels. We got to the picture of Jesus on the cross and he said "oh we need to get some band aids for Jesus... cause he's hurt" I thought that was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. When we left Talen said, "Happy Birthday baby Jesus, I love you." They also had tons of Christmas trees decorated from all around the world, a musical concert, a harpist and then of course the lights around the grounds. It was a fun little day trip.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Christmas Trip to DC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment