.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Sunday, February 8, 2009

It Actually Snowed in Virginia?

Yes it actually did snow - the 2nd maybe 3rd time this season -but this time it actually stuck a few hours! We were completely shocked when we woke up to find this beautiful layer of sparkly snow on the ground - We got the kids fed, Jared left for school, and I told Talen to hurry and get dressed so we could go outside and build a snowman. I didn't have any gloves - I know I'm a horrible mother - we've never needed to buy any - it just doesn't get that cold here - and so I thought about putting socks on their hands but figured they'd be off so fast and wondered how much they'd actually do to protect their hands.

Anyway we finally got outside and all the snow had almost melted - I was so disappointed. All that was left that hadn't melted was the snow that was still in the shade. Well we played for a few minutes until I realized that both their shoes hadn't held up - and that their feet were soaking wet - so we went inside to warm up our toes and noses. It was fun but didn't last. I really wanted to build a Virginia Snowman. (Virginia is so inconsistent today's weather was 70 degrees)







If you noticed that Kendal has different bows in her hair in every picture there is an explanation - I'm trying to set up a little shop on etsy to sell bows and so I was trying to kill two birds with one stone by letting the kids play outside, take pictures of the snow and get pictures of my merchandise. If you want it check it out the site is kenjakinsboutique.etsy.com
Getting their toes warm and watching a bit of PBS after playing hard in the "snow" - more like slush if you ask me.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I think we have to sprint for the door at the first sign of snow here to have any chance of playing in it....

Anonymous said...

I love that you seized the day when it snowed. You are such a fun mom!