Sometimes it feels like being a mom get's monotonous and boring and sometimes you feel burned out, tired, and you wonder if your days have much meaning - well it's moments like these above that make it all worth it, when they come up to you and give you a hug for no reason and say, "Mommy, I love you." It's the moments when they find pure exhilaration in splashing in a bath together, the moments when your baby girl just wants to hold your hand and have you read her a book. It's the giggles, the simple apologies, the hugs and the kisses. I love being a mom, even when sometimes I feel like I have no identity other than a mom (it's hidden, but it's there, it's who I am, the experiences that I've had, my strengths, my talents, and my faith in the gospel that makes me the mom that I am). Sometimes I need that reminder : ) Go MOMS!
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Fun in the Bath
Sometimes it feels like being a mom get's monotonous and boring and sometimes you feel burned out, tired, and you wonder if your days have much meaning - well it's moments like these above that make it all worth it, when they come up to you and give you a hug for no reason and say, "Mommy, I love you." It's the moments when they find pure exhilaration in splashing in a bath together, the moments when your baby girl just wants to hold your hand and have you read her a book. It's the giggles, the simple apologies, the hugs and the kisses. I love being a mom, even when sometimes I feel like I have no identity other than a mom (it's hidden, but it's there, it's who I am, the experiences that I've had, my strengths, my talents, and my faith in the gospel that makes me the mom that I am). Sometimes I need that reminder : ) Go MOMS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
sorry I am going to comment on your last 3 posts in 1. We are just catching up to things after also having RSV. No kidding, that is the most emotionally and physically draining week and a half ever. I am glad you guys are on the upswing, hurray! Easter Egg hunt, how fun, I can't wait to attempt one with Carter! Love the bubble bath. Funny, we just tried bubbles for the first time with Carter and he hated it, he kept trying to push them away from him, we laughed so hard, but felt bad at the same time. I hope you guys keep feeling better and better. Hey, if you want to come for walks with me every day, feel free. I also don't go to the Y and stick to workout videos and daily hour walks to try to attempt at exercise, come join me!
What an amazing post and much needed over here at the Heiner house. Now that Nick is finishing up with school and getting things started with his career, I find myself questioning what it is I am doing. I agree 100% with the way you feel at times and I am so glad that I am not the only one. I hope the kiddos are feeling better so you guys can get out. Thanks Carlie!!!
Post a Comment