.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Monday, August 10, 2009

Lots of cartoons, cardboard boxes, and fast food

Just to update everyone, we are officially moving away. The Martin Agency will most likely not be hiring anytime soon because even though they just won the Expedia account they just lost the UPS account. So we are now ruling out Richmond, which means we don't have much reason to stay.

We have to be out of our apartment by Saturday, we'll spend a few days with some friends here in Richmond to re-group, and then we're off to Missouri to wait out our job offers (hopefully). We are cleaning the house out quick but still trying to provide a stable environment for the kids so they won't go insane and think their world is being turned upside down, which right now means blankies, favorite cartoons, family meals, all of us sleeping in the same bedroom, and getting them out of the house everyday. I'm trying to keep a cool head and keep the faith that this will all play out for the best.

We're so grateful for family and friends who are so willing to take such good care of us. I've already shed many tears over this place, which has never happened to me in my life. I can't say that I've ever been more attached to any other place. But I guess now we're getting emotionally ready for the next adventure. Virginia will always have a special place in my heart and who knows, maybe we'll back in few years.

8 comments:

Charlotte Lundell said...

Maybe you should try southern California?

Suzie Soda said...

I am sad you have to leave..I was so hoping something would work out. But I guess the Lord needs you someplace else. You never know if you will come back here someday. it is a great place to live. We could have left a few times but decided to put our roots down and make this home.,,and have never regretted it. But there are many nice places to live and I know you will be a force for good wherever you go. I hope to see you for one more Sunday. Keep the Faith. xoxoxo

Marissa said...

we'll miss you guys, esp all the political talks. :) good luck wherever you turn up, hopefully someday it'll be back here!
love
marissa & fam

Heather Payne said...

In your list of things you're doing to preserve a sense of normalcy you forgot to mention BLOGGING! We're going to miss you, but if you keep blogging it won't feel like you're so far away (hopefully). Keep us posted. Good luck.

Kara said...

AHHH- utter chaos, but at least it's organized chaos it sounds like. You are such a super mom, I know everything will turn out for the best, how it's supposed to. Good luck w/ all your packing and enjoy all the eating out...hehe.

Victoria said...

WOW! Lots of changes. Good luck guys. Now you'll be closer to Utah. Missouri is beautiful but not like Virginia.

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

Hang in there! You're in our thoughts and prayers, and if there was anything besides a powerplant, logging, and one seminary teacher where we live we'd be begging you to come live close to US. Good luck and we're wishing you blessings with this next step.

Unknown said...

I am sad you are leaving!!! I will miss all of our crafting together! We will be praying for you and know that something will work out...just hope sooner than later right??:) Love Stacy