.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sad and True Irony

Well we made it to Michigan, after a two day drive and a horrible nights stay in Altoona, Iowa where we had to stay in a smoking room (stinky stinky) and eat a buffet in a yucky casino (blah). We've been put up in an extended stay hotel. We're in a one-bedroom suite with a tiny kitchen. (does not include a stove). But, we're 2 miles from Jared's job and since we're sharing one vehicle it's been very convenient. Jared started his job last Friday. He loves his job a lot, and we are now busily looking for housing.

We've also figured out that we're actually more poor than we've ever been in our marriage because we no longer qualify for government assistance and we have to start paying pack student loans. Yay!!! So I am looking for full time work. We are also trying to qualify for a mortgage and we are looking for a house to buy because we can't afford to rent (funny I know), our mortgage could actually be cheaper than renting if we can find the right house.

At this point we have less than a month to accomplish all of this. Researching schools and areas, and finding a job that's close for me and daycare for the kids and finding a house all in one month - seems a little impossible.

The reality of having a real salary is sinking in and we're realizing that it's actually going to be harder than not having a job. Ironic. So cheers to Jared's job, I'm so happy for him and I'm so happy that we have it and that he's happy, but I'm sad that I have to work and see my children less. I'm trying to think of ways around it like getting licensed to be a certified childcare provider - just an idea, or working at a day care and taking my kids with me or something.

I know this is where we're supposed to be, I just hope we can figure it out. We're staying
positive.

BTW, Michigan is sunny and warm as of the past couple of days, and has some great charms about it. We're excited to explore the state and call it home. There are so many lakes, and museums, and the zoo is so close by. There's even a hobby lobby within 30 minutes of here.

So there's the quick update. Life is getting scary because now we have to grow up. AHHHH

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally was thinking about how we are going to be poorer after graduation than while in school because we won't get any EBT. It's all a little backwards isn't it? Glad you are enjoying MI so far.

Hill Family said...

Congrats on the job! We know how you feel about paying back student loans...no fun at all. Good luck in Michigan:)

Laura Bradford said...

Where are you in michigan and what does jared do there? with there economy you should be able to find some nice houses

Laura Bradford said...

by the way that was me brad not my wife laura if you were wondering

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

Wow! You guys have had so many 'adventures' the last while. the Lord has led you here for a reason, probably many reasons actually, and I know it'll all fall into place somehow. Good luck with growing up! But don't grow up tooooo much. :)