So I haven't blogged in awhile, life has been insane and busy. We've now been in Michigan almost 8 weeks. We managed to find a new apartment, start a new job, go to Virginia and unload our storage unit, move into our new place, and I almost have my own daycare/preschool business up and running. It has been very busy and emotional. We're just happy to be moving forward. Michigan is cool. The spring has been gorgeous, there are so many trees everywhere- just like Virginia, the people are really nice, we live in a great area, there are beautiful lakes everywhere, there is a great sense of community, our church is amazing (as usual) and there tons of things to do and see, so we think we'll like it here just fine.
I feel like I've been so disconnected from all of my friends just because I've been so engulfed in my own life, so I'm hoping to be able to start blogging again, and staying in touch with everyone.
I'm excited to share with everyone my website, which is finally finished for my daycare/preschool and I would love for you to visit it for me and email me any feedback and suggestions that you have on it. I've never made a website and I've never taken my children to a daycare so I'm open to suggestions (and words of praise :) ) I'm also offering photography as part of my childcare and if I've taken pictures for you in the past, then your pics have made it to my portfolio on my site (Baylis, Heaven, Kenna).
Website:
http://www.wix.com/carliemdavis/littlegumdropschildcare
I'm almost licensed through the state, so I'll be open for business soon. This is very exciting for me as I've never started my own business. I just hope it goes well.
Anyway below are few pictures...














Saturday, May 1, 2010
Getting Settled
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Your family is beautiful. I was wondering about you guys, so it is good to hear that all is well. I think you're brave to start a daycare/preschool. The hardest part is dealing with money and parents. I've worked in an hourly daycare at the gym for two years. I have to say it is not my thing, but I paid for my schooling. I just applied to work as a tumbling teacher for toddlers. I don't know if I really want to do that either. We'll see. Good luck and keep blogging.
I can't believe how long Kendal's hair is! Your website looks nice.
Carlie, you NEVER cease to amaze me! I am so happy you've been busy settling into beautiful Michigan! The kids are SO dang cute; love your new family picture! I totally checked out your website & found it GREAT! Very cute & very user-friendly. I loved all the tabs at the top...I think you answered every question a parent would have!!! My only suggestion would be if you could make the font a bit bigger on a couple of the info pages. I am so proud of you doing this! Way to go! Good luck:) If you ever need a character reference for a parent, let me know!
You are so awesome. I have been dying to get an update so it was fun to read this! I am so happy you guys are loving Michigan so much. Is your place furnished? Good for you in starting your own day care. Having had you watch Carter on a weekly basis for me... I love that you are doing this! You are so good with multiple kids! Your website is good... my suggestion is bigger font as well. It was also a bit hard to read small font with a moving background. It is well designed just hard to read. oh, and I did notice as I read through everything for you that your rates for an infant are $500 an hour. I am pretty sure you meant a week, and if not sign me up for a job that makes more than $500 an hour please!! Love your kids, they are always so cute, it was fun to see an updated picture in your header.
Carlie...such cute pictures and it was so fun to see you all and catch up.Glad you are liking it there. I think you'd be happy anywhere. I agree with Ashlee...font it too small amd hard to read ont he new blog but it is so so cool that you are doing it. Best of Luck. Come visit sometime. Miss you, xoxoxo
I can't believe all you have been up to! Your kiddos look darling and I was glad to get the update as slow as I was. You are going to be awesome at your preschool/daycare. Everything you have posted on your website is amazing. You will certainly earn every dollar you earn. Miss you guys tons. Your pics are way too cute.
Post a Comment