.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Saturday, May 28, 2011

JUNE


Henry Ford Museum (trip with Jared's Mom "Grandma Cindy")

Trip to Greenfield Village (Historical outdoor museum) We are riding in a model T
Visit to Mackinac Island between the upper and lower peninsula (The Grand Hotel)







Lake Michigan and Lake Huron (nice pose Grandma)










On the boat on the way to the Island



The Detroit Zoo
The Polar Bear exhibit is my favorite

The Outback Adventure is fun too, there are no barriers, you get to roam free with the Kangaroos!


Greenfield Village again riding model T



Henry Ford Museum

I wanted to show these two photos below because they are the last sewing projects I did almost a year ago.. boo hooo hooo : ( They were for a combo baby shower, one boy and one girl. I'm hoping to do a few sewing projects this summer.

JULY
Lexington Beach, Michigan, family trip to the beach. It was plenty hot outside but the water was a tad cold



Talen and Daddy love to go crawdad hunting. It's not my thing but I love that my brave boy is holding this creepy crawly thing
This is at Cranbrook Gardens. We went here with my Mom (Grandma Lainy, when she and my dad came to visit last July)
Cranbrook House



AUGUST
We took a family trip to Cedar Point and stayed in a hotel with an indoor water park called Castaway Bay! It was a lot of fun and we're hoping to go back and do it again this year!




This photo has a silly logo on it that I was playing with. I'm not a photographer, but I hope to do it someday professionally. So disregard the silly logo...We are on the Ferris Wheel.






SEPTEMBER
Kendal's first trip to the Dentist. She was cavity free and did a great job.


Woodward Dream Cruise. Michigan celebrates CARS a lot. Understandably so. Cars are a livelihood here. Well I guess every year they have this festival type thing where this long street called Woodward Ave closes down and people drive their fancy cars up and down the street for all to see. There are food vendors and music, and you get to walk around and look at all the cars. It was interesting to go once, but I don't think we'd ever go again. Talen loved it!




Playing at our pool in our complex. We played at the pool a lot last year. It was so nice to have access to one to the brief, but hot summer months.


Playing outside on our front patio. I love this picture.

Zoo trip with my best friend and next door neighbor. Her children are close in age to mine and they play beautifully together. I love having them so close by. She keeps me sane.


This place is Bizarre. It's called the Heidelberg Project and is a artistic statement in downtown Detroit. It's been around for years and years and represents urban art made from trash the artist finds around the city. I found it to be hard to stomach, but it was worth the experience. Google it for more info.
Kendal and Melayna (other neighbor just a few doors down)




A Daycare photo for you, doing Rock star ABC's.
OCTOBER
carving pumpkins

Church Halloween Celebration. Trick or Treating from classroom to classroom.


Visit to the pumpkin patch








NOVEMBER
Combined Thanksgiving Dinner at church with a few families. After dinner we played Kinect on the XBOX on a projection screen, the men played basketball and the kids ran around the church playing. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. Jared made the Turkey and was mouth watering. He marinated the Turkey for 3 days and it was sooooooo moist. Way to go honey!



NOVEMBER
Fall photo shoot at another nearby mansion called Meadowbrook Hall



DECEMBER
Christmas card photo shoot in the sprinkling snow... it was so cold.


Kendal's 3rd Birthday! We did a day spa celebration with makeup, nails, and facials.
I made Kendal a Rapunzel cake. It is the first cake I have really ever seriously made, and it caused me great anxiety, but she loved it and I thought it turned out beautifully. We went and saw the movie together as a family after her party!



Christmas! Modeling the blankets mommy made them for Christmas (barely finished them the night before)
In this picture we are a friends Christmas Party and they're 10 year old daughter wrote a Christmas play and asked Jared and I to be Mary and Joseph. We had to provide our own costumes and well here we are.



JANUARY
sledding in our complex on a snow day where the entire city shut down, including the daycare.







FEBRUARY
I caught Kendal coloring one morning and the light coming in from the window was so beautiful that I took the opportunity to photograph her and I loved capturing her because she loves to draw so much.


You can see from the window the reason why they are busy coloring inside.
We were privileged to receive a visit from my brother Cameron and his wife Bethany and their son Kashton. It was so much to have them for a few days and I hope they had as much fun as we did. We miss them a lot. I love this photo of Kendal and her little cousin drawing together. In this picture they are both 3 years old together. LOVE IT!




Downtown Detroit
I don't think I've been to anywhere more ghetto than this, taken from the People Mover.
Inside the GM Renaissance Center


At the "fist bump", a monument honoring some boxer guy who knocked out Hitler's best boxer, in the 30's or something....


We went to visit a lighthouse with my brother and his family. It was really pretty but cold and the snow was deep.
Inside a beautiful church downtown Detroit...


Cameron, Bethany, and Kashton



MARCH

Just some cute pictures in March. March and April have been so weird with weather, cold and warm, cold and warm, over and over again. Very annoying. I've put the coats away and re-brought them out at least 20 times.


She picked out her outfit on this day and I've decided that I'm done fighting that battle with her. She has become very independent and very picky about what she wears, I have to admit she looks quite adorable...
Kendal's dance class photos...






One of the beautiful days in late March, blowing bubbles together.



APRIL

Dying Easter Eggs

Easter Photo Shoot on bridge near our house




I love her pretty legs...
Talen chose the blue socks.... not me :)




For Easter Talen got a new movie, a pillow pet, chocolate, and a new bike...
Kendal got Tangled, a pillow pet, chocolate, and a new bike..... too spoiled
Easter egg hunt at friends house from church...


Mother's Day




Bracelets the kids made for me for Mother's Day.... I love them.

MAY

We just took a weekend trip to the Tulip Festival in Holland Michigan, and to the Morel Festival in Northern Michigan. A Morel is type of mushroom that is a delicacy here in Michigan and I guess it doesn't grow in very many places. Jared's been on the hunt for them since last Spring, and he was finally able to find some this year and cook them for us. At the Morel festival we were able to participate in the an event called "Taste of Morels" put on by many chefs from the area who create gourmet dishes made with morels. It was such a fun experience! The following photos are from both the Tulip Festival and Morel festival.
















Jared told her to pose like a Mermaid...


THE END
Now your caught up on the past year and stay tuned for more fun posts to come. I'll be posting some scrapbook pages soon and some fun videos.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I CANNOT believe you caught your blog up with a YEAR's worth of photos. I LOVE IT!!! You are so beautiful and your kids are growing up so big- remember we first met when you were prego with Kendal? Seems so long ago. Glad you're loving life in Michigan. Your pictures are gorgeous:)

Victoria said...

Perfect!

adrienne said...

Amazing and darling family. Everyone looks so good. Including the hot mama!

Suzie Soda said...

Love all these updates. Miss you guys. Wish you were coming back. xoxo