.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Memorial Day

Summer in Virginia came quick. It seemed like overnight the temperature went from a comfortable 75 degrees to an unforgiving 101 degrees. Having the pool open was a much needed luxery for us. The last time Talen had been the water was when he was about 12 months old - so swimming for the first time this season felt like starting over. We bought him these water wings and they have seemed to help. We can now let him go in the deep end with the water wings on and he'll float and keep his head above water and try to swim - he doesn't really have a clue what he's doing but at least he floats right? If you think it looks like Talen's lips might be blue in this photo it's because they are. The water was actually pretty cold and Talen's little body couldn't quite get used to it - needless to say he still had fun.

Daddy loves to do all sorts of acrobatic stunts with Talen - it's fun to see Talen's facial expressions as he gains the courage to meet the demands daddy puts on him. We even had a little audience that day at the pool and female on lookers were oohing and ahhing over these two studs.





Kendal also loves to play in the pool. Her favorite thing to do is sit in her floaty toy and ... suck on it. She also likes to be spun around. Kendal is such a good girl. She really doesn't fuss much about anything. She's very easy going unless she has a toy that's been taken away or dropped - when this happens she unleashes evil Kendal and it's difficult to calm her down. Anyway, I think she loves the water - she always kicks her legs in it and squeals and smiles at everyone around her. We love having a pool that's a 5 minute walk from our front door - it's probably the best thing about living at our apartment complex.


I just loved this picture of her - she's my happy pretty sweetie.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Fun Pool time. Our pool is open, but it is too cold to swim. We went once. Rachel loves the water! I can't wait for it to warm up!

Jani Jo said...

Carlie, I love your blog! Your new 'header' is freaking adorable and I love that you blog all of your family's fun activities. Keep it up because I love to look at the cute pics!

Bethany said...

Cute Blog guys. I've been MIA for a while, sorry I'm just getting around to view it all. It was fun to read about everything you've been doing. I can't believe how big Kendal is. She almost weighs as much as Kashton. Your mom told me she cries alot and has a bad tummy. I'm so sorry. She seems really happy in the pictures though. Glad you're loving Virginia so much, it looks beautiful.