So I've just posted a few entries from Christmas and I have yet to post a couple more from Boise, soon to come. But I have some news to share with everyone.
My last day of teaching is this coming Friday the 22nd of January. We are all moving together as a family to Boulder, Colorado this weekend, and Jared starts his internship at Crispon Porter the following Tuesday. A sort of miracle has happened. Up until a few days ago we, let alone, Jared had no place to live in Boulder. Jared had been in contact with the bishopric in the ward we'll be attending, asking him to see if any ward members would be willing to house him for a couple of weeks until he gets a pay check and could find us a place. We have not heard a word from him, so Jared was planning on sleeping in the van in the parking lot of Crispon Porter, which for us has been a bit a touchy subject, but that's a story for another post.
So Jared posted an ad in craigslist that mentioned that he and his family were looking for fully furnished housing in Boulder, Colorado for 12 weeks for $800 a month. Well within 1 day of his ad this woman responded to his ad and told him she had a townhouse in Boulder and that she normally rents the place for $1200 a month, but would be able to do it for $800. So we've been working out a few details over the past few days and it has been settled. The place is fully furnished (including sheets, blankets, towels, dishes, utensils, a new queen size bed, two twin size beds, two bathrooms, a basement with a pool table, new carpet and counter tops, furniture, etc. the only downer about the place is that it is from the 70's and all the furniture is original to the house including the decor - so everything is a little "groovy" if you you will - like wood paneling on the walls and green bath tubs and sinks -YIKES - hopefully it's not haunted : )
One of the details was our dog Layla. This property doesn't usually allows animals, but we thought we'd try to ask and hope that they would make an exception. They have agreed to let us bring Layla, which was huge for me. I never really knew how attached I was to my dog until I was told that she would have to be left with family for the 12 week internship. She is such a comfort to our family. When Jared is not around she makes me feel safe, she keeps me company, and now she sleeps with Talen every night, and he will not go to bed unless she is laying next to him. She is just a big part of our family and I've grown very attached to her. She is such a great dog. She is so obedient and loving and friendly. She's never been a threat to anyone, she's never been destructive, and she's never had accidents in the house. Really she is the best breed of dog that anyone could have as part of their family. I'm so so happy that we can take her.
Those of you out there who are dog lovers probably know exactly how I feel and can understand how happily this news was received.
So we're going. And we can't wait to start our next adventure. We pray that something great will come of this and that it will finally be our turn to start our new life that we've been wanting and working so hard to achieve.
It's going to be hard. I'm never going to see my husband, the house we're living in is what you could say a little on the "ghetto" side, we have no friends or family out there, but it's hopefully going to be worth it. I'm excited to be home again with my babies, and to provide them with structure that they can depend on. They have had a rough 6 months, and I'm determined to focus all of my attention on them and give them the best experience that I can. All these transitions have been so hard on Talen. He's become very affected by all the changes, the loss of friends, the absence of his mommy, etc., and I'm hoping to help him turn around and to feel safe, secure, and happy. I'm just glad that they aren't any older than they are.
Anyone know anything about Boulder?



7 comments:
YAY for not sleeping in the van!
YAY for getting to be home with the kids! I know just how it feels to have kids out of whack from all the changes going on. So glad you get to focus on that.
YAY for an internship! Prayers and best of luck!
We are only 4 hours away from you. We should meet up and get the kiddos together. I am happy that things are moving along for you guys even if it's not what you expected. Let me know what you think about getting together.
HOW AWESOME!! I am sooooo happy for you guys! Boulder is a cool city! Lots of fun shops! The whole city is kinda GRANOLA and free thinking....but you will have a great time! Love Colorado!
We're happy about the changes you are up for! How exciting...thinking of you and wishing you luck...
Carlie! Yay! I'm glad you get to be at home with the kiddos again. I actually have a friend in Boulder. She and her husband are freakin' awesome and they have 3 kids ages 5-6months. Anywho, maybe they will be close by or in your ward or something. Their names are Rusty and Tara Banks.
I have been there and it is a cool place. Lots of people love it there. I am sure you will make friends and do great. The ward will be so happy to get your cute little family. I am so glad things are looking up. I know it has been hard and you have been a real trooper.
I will pray things will just better and better. Just put on your hippie clothes and groove out to the 70's music and think of me while you are dancing around your living room. xoxoxo
Give Katie a shout. I think her hubby's (Jared's) sister & her family live there. It would be interesting if you were in the same ward!
Congrats on this new adventure & hope it leads to something permanent.
Teresa Leake
Post a Comment