.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Strawberry Festival

We're in limbo right now because Jared graduated last week and we haven't gotten a job yet - so we're enjoying some nice family time - I think it's a blessing because when he does get a job we're going to see a whole lot less of him and so I'm trying to look at this situation with a positive outlook - anyway Saturday we went to the Richmond Strawberry Festival. They had live bluegrass music, vendors selling hotdogs and hamburgers, tons of toys for the kids to play on, and of coarse strawberries. It was hot and there was a whole lot of bending over - I know I sound like an old woman, but it's hard bending over in the hot sun, our backs and ankles were sore. The kids had the right idea with just eating the berries instead of picking them - that's what I should have done and just made Jared do all the work.

We're not in Utah anymore


The perfect strawberry pickin' outfit - pink plaid shoes and all

Let me see those red juicy fingers


Surprisingly, Talen picked berries a lot better last year, this year he just wanted me to pick them, and then give them to him to put into his own basket - silly silly


It was pretty slim pickins - this is how much we had after about 20 minutes - we opted to pick the smaller ones because they are much much sweeter, but it takes a lot longer to fill up a basket




Kendal quickly discovered that eating them was much more enjoyable than picking them, a few times when we weren't looking she'd sneak up on us and steal already picked berries out of our baskets and just eat those - little sniper!


We had a great time - it's funny how it costs more to pick your own strawberries, than to just buy them in the store... I know I know your paying for the experience -

I think this picture is really fun - it's like she's loving the sun on her face

2 comments:

Emily said...

You got some great pictures (and some yummy looking strawberries)! What a fun thing to go do. I think we'd spend a lot of time just chasing my kids if we went, though!

Ashlee & Christian said...

That looks so fun. I love Kendal's outfit for pickin' so cute. You guys are such fun parents. I hope you can find a job asap so you can actually go and do more fun stuff and totally enjoy it!