1. The 48 degree weather and sunshine almost everyday
2. Clear Blue skys and bikers everywhere. Healthy, Healthy. It makes you want to join the masses.
3. The fact that recycling is not even a question ( recycling wasn't even offered at our apartment complex in Virginia)
4. There are family friendly sidewalks everywhere! (sidewalks in Virginia were scarce)
5. Organic is the norm (Unfortunately I can't afford organic- but if I could I would totally buy it)
6. I have a garage - no more icy windshields - the car is always nice and warm.
7. When I turn on my blinker other drivers actually let me over (never happens in Utah)
8. Dog Parks - what a concept.
9. If I don't do my hair and don't have any makeup on,and I wear sweats out and about - I look like a normal local here - it's AMAZING. You can't do that in other places without getting judged - sorry it's the truth.
10. The fact that I have tons of windows and two big sky lights to light my house all day with natural light - I've never had so many windows.
When Jared and I were first married we used to always say that we wanted to end up in Colorado, after living in Virginia we decided that the east coast would be the place for us because of all the green and the warm weather, now after being here we might change our mind. Colorado has the green lushness of Virginia, the close mountains of Utah for all your hiking and camping needs, and even though it snows, the amazing number of sunny days really makes a difference because the snow always melts off within a day and the sunshine makes it feel warm. Overall my first impression of Colorado .... 5 stars.
If Jared does get this job in Michigan we'll have to come back to Boulder some day. It might be the perfect place to live.
P.s. I thought of an 11 - We have a Hobby Lobby - so excited! If you've never had the privilege of shopping at a hobby lobby it's like a Michael's, Roberts, Ben Franklin and JoAnn's all in one plus MORE! Perfect for all your crafting needs, wants and desires.
Friday, February 5, 2010
10 things I love about Boulder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What is the verdict..are you moving? xoxoxo
Post a Comment