.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Have the Stars Aligned?


If any of you out there know Derick Nance, he once told Jared and I something that has been heard in my mind over and over again for the past 10 months.

He said that a big part of getting a job is luck, such as being at the right place at the right time, or applying for a job at the right time, or knowing someone who puts in a good word for you at the right time...and then everything else, in addition to luck, has to align- the pay, the moving allowance, the location, the company and the timing. He said the stars have to align, and if any of these factors aren't "aligned" then the job won't happen, but the stars WILL align for you and you'll get the job you want that's right for you and your family at the right time, with the right pay... you just have to be patient and keep your head up. (it sounds easy)

Well I would like to let Derick and everyone else know that we have been waiting for our stars to align, we've been to 4 states, lived with 3 families, held 4 jobs (between the two of us), and have been searching, praying, struggling, and waiting for 10 months, and I'm excited and overwhelmed to inform everyone that our stars have FINALLY aligned!

Jared received a job offer yesterday from Globalhue in Detroit, Michigan and he'll be starting on March 8th, as a junior copywriter, working on the Jeep account!!!! Can you believe it?



Deep breath.

I cannot tell you all how extremely overwhelmed and grateful I am feeling at this very moment.

Thank you for ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS. You know who you are. I have received countless messages and emails from friends and family so concerned for us, making sure we're okay and reminding me that they are thinking about us and praying for us, and I just can't express enough to all of you for being there, for supporting, and for empathizing, and for encouraging us during this time.

It has been probably the most difficult trial I've ever been through in my life up to this point, and we were miraculously able to keep our heads above water.

I just wanted to give a shout out - to all of you who care for our family. It has meant the world to me and I'm grateful for all of you.

I feel I have grown and stretched in so many ways over the past 10 months, and I feel like I have learned a lot about myself. My testimony has grown and I have developed a much stronger testimony of tithing, of trusting that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us and watches over us, of faith, and of prayer. I don't think I've ever prayed for something so much in my life, and I know he heard every prayer and that he answered us on his time in his way. Sometimes I've wondered if He even cares about me, or if he had abandoned our family, but I would quickly push those thoughts from my mind and I know now more than I ever have that Heavenly Father does hear us, he does answer us and he never abandons us or forgets about us. We just have to have faith, and exercise that faith through prayer, patience, tithing, and hard work, did I mention patience. Ugh.

It's a good feeling to have and I'm just so so grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, for my Father in Heaven, for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for special friends, and supportive family.

I'm sorry to get all sappy and churchy on everybody, I just felt inspired to share it with all of you.

Now we have another move (which I'm actually dreading) but another adventure, and I'm so READY!

13 comments:

Tami Davis said...

Great news. The waiting is the hard part. Brian's been looking for nearly a year now. It will happen at some point. I'm glad your waiting is over. I'm sure it will be nice to settle down. Congrats.
Tami

Nate said...

Congrats guys. Glad to hear it, just sad that it is not back here in Virginia. You will be sad when the south rises again and you are not on the right side....

Anonymous said...

Congrats Davis family. We are so happy for you. After graduation is always a scary and hard part of life. Good luck out there...

Jani Jo said...

YEAH Davis Family!!!! Seriously, I am so happy for you and you've been in our prayers. Congrats! Good luck with the move. THe job sounds SO wonderful. You're amazing Carlie!

Kara said...

That is FABULOUS! Your family has been in my thoughts lately and I knew everything would work out, in good time. You've been blessed by your patience and perseverance; I'm so happy for you! If we're ever in Michigan...

The Mathews said...

Oh Carlie! Congratulations! You sure have been through a lot and we're glad your stars have finally aligned! Say hi to your family from us...

Suzie Soda said...

Hooray! Hooray! An exciting adventure begins,
I am sure you will love Michigan...the Thoroe's did when they were there. I know you will make the most of it. It is just so great that you have a JOB! So glad things are working out. Keep us posted. Good Luck. xoxo

Ashlee & Christian said...

Hurray, hurray, hurray!!! I am so thrilled for you guys. Way to go on having patience for pretty much a full year. You guys are examples to me, and I am excited for your new adventure. Good luck moving, but oh it will be so wonderful once you finally get all your own stuff back, it will probably feel like home right away just because you will get to see your stuff again! oh, all those crafts you have been wanting to make :) Love you guys!

Emily said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! Woo Hoo!!! What a relief this must be. Hooray!

Nehring Fun said...

YEAH!!!!! I am soooo excited for you guys!! Wow what a wait you guys have had!! Great job keeping your head above water!:) Thanks so much for the Valentines they are so cute! Izzy still talks about Talen, and we will be sending you a little something, so be sure to send us your new address! Good luck with the move! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I've been checking your blog religiously to find out what's going on with the MI thing. So excited for you! But I have to say, when you first mentioned the Nances in this post I was hoping you were coming back to VA. Good luck in MI.

adrienne said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you. Once you are settled check out the Ford Factory. What an adventure! Love you lots. Wish it were closer--but who cares, it is a job and certainly something to be grateful for where ever it is.

J, K, L, and D said...

Congrats! I am excited for you guys - and your new adventure. (And obviously I am late to the party...) I have been thinking about you & wondering how you're doing. I wish you nothing but the best!