Dear life,
Could you please stop throwing my family up and down this impossible roller coaster that is no where near our idea of fun. We know you like to give people interesting stories to tell, but we've had enough interesting experiences to last at least a few years. If you wouldn't mind just dropping us off at the nearest emergency exit point, that would be oh so helpful.
Getting impatient,
Carlie
So, about 6 days after arriving in Boulder Jared was contacted by two different agencies, both randomly in "beautiful" Michigan, wanting to schedule phone interviews. Well he had both interviews last week and today he received a call from one of them (Globalhue) informing him that they would like to fly him out this weekend for a face-t0-face interview (which in the ad world means a JOB OFFER).
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS. Today is Jared's 5th day of work at his internship... 5th day! And our first Sunday was yesterday where we received a very warm welcome and a few dinner invites, which I was excited to follow through with. We've had unbelievable weather, and have already been excited to see what Boulder has to offer. I've even got a library card already for cryin out loud.
Now I'm not saying I'm not grateful for this news, I'm just sayin that I'm a little annoyed with the timing, and the state where we could possibly be moving to in... oh... say... A WEEK!
I know I know all of you are rolling your eyes at me telling me to shut my yapper and stop wining and to just be grateful, but COME ON... WE JUST GOT HERE - ya know - it's a little annoying that if we do move to Michigan within a couple of weeks that it will be the fifth state we've lived in 6 months time. I was just kinda ready to settle somewhere and call a place home for a little while.
Now this could fall through, like we expect it to. They could low ball him and offer him an insulting salary, which would be a deal breaker, or this fly out could really be another interview not coupled with an offer, which never happens, but with us there's just no tellin. Or they could go with someone else, after getting our hopes up. But none of these scenarios seem to be the case with this particular agency. They are really excited about Jared and informed him that there would not be a follow up interview (meaning this is a job offer)
I'm excited for our first fly out ever, but I'm annoyed with all the moving. Really Really Annoyed. I just wish life would make up it's mind already, and leave us in peace.
p.s.
And why Michigan? Why? Sob... Sob... Sob.
p.s.s.
I know....... I'm a brat. But come on.... Michigan?
Monday, February 1, 2010
OH MY GOSH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Let it out now so that when he has an offer with a big number attached, you can be OH SO HAPPY. And in a place where you can pray about it to make sure it's the right thing.
What a roller coaster! Here's hoping you can settle in somewhere soon!
At least your stuff is packed and ready to go...
Call the Thorpe's...they loved Michigan. I am sure it has some redeeming qualities. We loved Moline, Ilinois and the weather is hideous most of the time.
Maybe they need a great activities chairman :)
Just kidding.
I hope whatever is best for your family works out.
I know you.....you will make the most of it and get on board when you have to, Remmeber you thought Richmond was going to be weird......and then you ended up loving it .
No more lectures. Keep me posted. I am hoping you will go there and it will lead you back to Richmond. Derick Nance loves his job.
Good Luck...miss you. xoxoxo
Wow, this is so exciting. I totally understand how you could be feeling the way you are. I am so impressed with how you have handled everything all along this roller coaster, so I don't blame you. The good thing... is if it turns into hopefully an awesome job offer at least you will have comfort knowing you will not have to move for at least a couple more years and you can finally have all your own stuff back!! Good luck, we will keep you guys in our prayers this weekend for sure!
Maybe they will Pay Jared so much that you can have heated sidewalks and underground tunnels so you don't have to freeze to death in the winter months:) Good luck!
Post a Comment