Mid week Jared had softball game with the elders quorum against the young men in our ward. Jared and I both thought for sure that the young men would win - ya know because they're young and full of energy - but surprisingly the old fat fogies won(no offense honey). I love this picture of Jared because he looks so focused and intense and his legs look pretty buff too. "Honey you should have played professional softball." I don't even know if softball is a professional sport - anyway he did really well and it was fun to be there and play.
Talen was up way passed his bed time due to the softball game but it didn't even phase him - he was running all around the school grounds, playing on the park and throwing his ball around and talking to all the young men and he kept running onto the softball field during the game while I was taking pictures and the umpire had to keep on grabbing him and giving him back to me - probably wishing I would focus more on controlling my wired toddler instead of taking pictures of the game :)
Go Jared Go - make it to first base...
Talen loved trying to throw the ball into the hoop - but he definitely needed Daddy's help - and even Daddy wasn't tall enough to guarantee the ball would make it into the hoop -
Jared is such a good father. I'm so grateful for him and all his hard work and for giving his family so much time and attention - Jared is definitely Talen's favorite parent. In the morning Talen is our alarm clock and he wobbles into our room after he's woken up and comes to the side of the bed he thinks daddy is on (we switch sides on a regular basis because we both wake up now and again with back pain- so he never knows where we're at as far as sides go) and if he comes to the side that I'm on he immediately turns around and goes to the other side to see Daddy - sometimes it hurts my feelings but then I realize that I can just roll over and go back to sleep and that Jared has to wake up and give him attention - that makes me feel better : ) anyway - just wanted to give a shout out to my sweetheart and say publicly that he's a great father and husband. I don't know what any of us would do without you!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Softball with the Elders quorum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment