.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Daddy's home for the summer!

So the week was actually pretty busy but i kept forgetting to take my camera with me whenever I would leave the house. So this weeks pics aren't that interesting : ( . We've finally hit spring/summer weather here in Virginia where you can finally put the jackets away (hopefully) and where when it's not raining it's pretty nice outside. So in this pic Kendal is sporting one of her summer outfits that Grandma Hansen bought (thanks mom) and it is cute. She's also sporting the bed head look and her sexy arms.

The past couple of weeks Talen's been fighting this horrible runny nose and i'm starting to think that it's not a little cold - but maybe allergies. I think the word "boogers" was the most frequently mentioned word in our house this week. I remember some friends of mine back in Provo had a 2 year old daughter whose nose was constantly running - and it kinda grossed Jared and I out because she always had boogers everywhere - well this week Jared commented on Talen's boogers and said, "maybe it just comes with the age," I hope he's wrong : )

In addition to all the nasal fluid we are also enjoying incredible amounts of drool. When I took Kendal to the doctor a few weeks ago they said that she could teethe from 4 months all the way up until 7 to 9 months and that she will want to explore everything with her mouth. So this drool thing is just something that we're gong to have to get used to for awhile. Aside from the drool she's pretty cute. The dress she's modeling in this pic I purchased at old navy this week. I went to buy something for myself and ended up buying stuff for her too. They have the best summer clothes for babies and for some reason dressing her is a hobby and past-time of mine.

Talen is hitting the terrible two's a little earlier than we would like (won't be two until June 15th). He's been constantly and deliberately disobeying us, ignoring us, throwing tantrums and getting into everything - much more than he ever has... and look at that face. That face screams pure mischief. That's his face all day long these days. You can just see his brain workin up some evil plan. I think one day this past week I put him on time out at least 8 or 9 times - in the same day. They work for him but I'm beginning to think he's going to stop caring about them real quick and then I'm going to have to be much more creative with my disciplining techniques. He's keeping me busy and testing my patience everyday - when he was a little baby I used to be sad to put him to bed - I just wanted to hold him and cuddle him all the time - now when evening approaches I can't wait to put this kid to bed and get a little break to mentally prepare for the next day. Now that Jared is home for the summer i think I will be able to stay sane - thank goodness for summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take him outside to play really hard, he'll get so tired that he will just go to sleep and won't get into as much trouble. He is bored----needs stimulus & physical exertion.

Gpaw Ronnie