.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Spoiled on Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to me! I honestly didn't expect much for mother's day - for some reason I don't even think of myself as like a real mother yet - it just doesn't occur to me - that yeah - all I do is hang out with my two kids all day - Anyway - Saturday night Jared brought me home some cute flowers to start the spoiling, then he rented a movie that he knew I would like, and that he knew he wouldn't like. Then Sunday morning he let me sleep in until like 9:30 - got up with the kids at like 7:30 - then he brought me my presents in bed - (had Talen help) "Talen" got me some blue comfy work-out shorts, "Kendal" got me the adorable pink shirt I'm wearing in the picture below and Jared got me swiss chocolate. And as if I wasn't feeling like a queen by now - he then made me an amazing breakfast of strawberry stuffed french toast, hash browns, sausage and orange juice. I asked him why he was spoiling me so much - I felt like it was my birthday or something - (I was just totally blown away -seriously not expecting anything) and he said - "well everyone has a birthday but not everyone is the mother of my children." Ohhhh how cute was that?!


And then in addition to all of that, he designed this amazingly sweet card on the computer with the kids' feet and hand prints - actual size - using the scanner. I just couldn't believe how much work he put into making me feel appreciated and loved - it was all just what I needed and I'm so grateful for him and the great dad that he is. So thanks babe - you're the best.


Pictured here is a close up of the card Jared designed - it was funny because Wednesday night when I went to a movie with "girls night out" girls - Jared worked on this card and put stamp ink on the kids' hands and feet. He tried to scrub their hands and feet clean of ink so I wouldn't notice, but the next morning when I showered with both of them I saw all of these ink stains all over their hands and feet. I was really concerned and confused. I kept asking Jared what the heck he did to them while I was gone and he just kept avoiding the question and after I continued to ask he finally gave in and told me that it had to do with mother's day and to stop asking questions - so anywho - that was my mother's day and I felt like a queen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to keep a secret from mom.

Gpaw Ronnie