Mother's Day was Sa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet this year. It started with Talen bringing me a beautifully wrapped small Macy's box in bed as I was just starting to wake up. I opened the box only to find a new beautiful pearl necklace and earings. I can't tell you how long I've been wanting pearls - and these ones were real fresh water pearls. I thought it was very thoughtful and sweet of Jared.
Then We went to church and at the end of Relief Society all the young men carted in chocolate cake, cream puffs, and strawberries, along with carnations for all the women. It was really really nice. Mother's day is a pretty cool day I've decided. Then we came home and had some good friends over for dinner. Jared made some delicious St. Louis style ribs, green beans, corn muffins, and homemade macaroni and cheese. It was a great dinner coupled with great company. All Day Talen kept coming up to me and giving me hugs around my legs and saying, "Happy Mover's Day Mommy!" It was really sweet.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing moms out there - What we do everyday is hard work and may at times seem uneventful and unimportant but what we're doing is the most important thing that we could be doing and should be doing, and the Lord blesses us everyday because of it, he knows our needs, he knows our struggles and heartaches, and he hears our prayers.

Monday, May 11, 2009
Mother's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Please can your husband come up and cook for me next Mother's Day? (That wouldn't be weird or anything, would it?) That dinner looked like something from Tyler's Ultimate on the Food Network.
BTW, beautiful pearls! I'm loving "Mover's Day" more and more.
We had a lot of fun with you guys! Thanks again for dinner.
I am glad you had such a wonderful mother's day. Your kids are so cute and have one of the best mother's I know. You are seriously amazing and I have been so privileged to have you watch my son once a week. LOVE the necklace. It is gorgeous! It just makes you glow. Oh, man I am loving Mother's day more and more as well. It is such a special day.
Happy Mother's Day. Thanks so much for the card, that was so thoughtful of you. We had a pretty good day too. Your pearls are beautiful!!!
Post a Comment