.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Friday, June 5, 2009

A Pig Flies

So Jared wrote the title of this entry - he told me to mix it up so that my blog was more interesting (he can be so silly sometimes)

Anyway, my parents, Jared's parents, and my brothers pitched in and we purchased Jared an open cockpit biplane ride for graduation - it was just kind of a fun thing I wanted to do for him to reward him for all his hard work these past 6 years - some may say that it wasn't the smartest way to be investing in his future, however I side with the other less responsible side that say that it would be an awesome gift and an experience of a lifetime.

Anyway he loved it! The pilot let him fly the airplane for a good majority of the flight, and it was an acro flight, meaning the pilot did stunts with him, loops,rolls,cuban 8's, hamerheads, etc. It was also a pretty interesting situation because there was a storm in the area where he was going to fly and obviously in an open cockpit you do not want to fly in the rain & lightning,well it was weird because like half the sky was gray with lighting and rain and the other half was sunny, blue skies and white clouds, so the pilot okayed it, and Jared got to fly under blue skies but he got to see the lightning and the storm from the airplane - which I guess was really unique according to the pilot.

So while he was flying I took the opportunity to take some cool shots of the kids at the airport. We had a good time spotting daddy and waving really big at him when he would fly lower to the ground, and watching the plane do a few stunts. The lighting was amazing for the photography aspect.

There are a lot of pics for this post so don't feel the need to look at all of them : )

Before Takeoff -

I must admit I was a little nervous for him - there's that little voice coming from the worry spot of the mom/wife brain saying, "please don't die" - even though you know they won't, there's like this new development in the brain that comes instantly with becoming a wife and then it just gets worse with becoming a parent.



A little boy's dream comes true




getting ready for takeoff



Talen the airplane



"Whoosh"

He's making a gun sound with his mouth in this one - explains the serious airplane face :)





Kendal the pilot


I took this one in front of one of the airplane hangers - I think the lighting is nice


A low fly-by for a picture


back on the ground


The only thing I don't love about this photo is the skanky girl on the plane. I wasn't too thrilled about Talen seeing that - but I don't think he even noticed it, although I'm sure somebody else did : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a freakin' awesome gift. Nice job Carlie! You are so cleaver.

Anonymous said...

Wait, did I just type cleaver, instead of clever...yep, oh well :)