.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Two Little Monkeys

"Two Little Monkeys jumping on the bed, both fell off and bumped their heads, mama called the doctor and the doctor said, "no more monkeys jumpin on the bed."

This last week we had a doctor's appointment for Kendal and Talen, they are about 18 months apart - so this is the second time they've been able to have appointments together - the first one was when Kendal was 6 months old and Talen was two, and now this last one was Talen 3 year checkup and Kendal's 18 month. I don't usually bring the camera to the doctor's office but I figured it could be their last appointment here in Virginia (if we move) so I wanted to get a picture of a few special nurses and our nurse practitioner (whom we've seen more than the real doctor) and Doctor Ballum.

Talen had to get a finger prick and he had to get a shot, but Kendal lucked out and didn't have to get any pokes this trip around. The doctor and nurses said that they are going to really miss our family and one of the nurses in particular (Chickie) pulled me aside and gave me a hug and began crying and told me that I was "just the best young mother ever and that I was very special to her" She told us that she was going to pray for us to stick around: ) So of course I was also crying,which I did not expect and I felt saddened to end a relationship we have been developing with these special people for 2 years now, who have loved my children so genuinely. Chickie's comments meant a lot to me and touched my heart. I'm not sure I'll ever a find a nurse as amazing as her.

Here are the stats:

Talen's Weight: 37 lbs (90th percentile (only 10% of kids his age weigh more than him))
Talen's Height: 3 ft. 2 1/2 inches (75th percentile (only 25% of kids his age are taller than him))
Talen's Blood pressure: 90/64 (they said it was perfect)

Kendal's Weight: 24 lbs .2 oz (50th percentile)
Kendal's Head Circumference: 46 cm (25th percentile - both our kids have had very small heads)
Kendal's Height: 32 inches (50th percentile)


3 comments:

Ashlee & Christian said...

I know I seriously LOVE this office. They are great. You were smart to bring your camera, geese, why didn't I think of that. Oh well. I have been commanded by Dr. Ballum to come visit though before we leave, so maybe I will remember to bring the camera then. Did I ever tell you that the nurse (Chansilla) that is on the far left in your first picture is my next door neighbor?

Tami Davis said...

Rhianne just had her appt. Brian took her in - I've taken her in everyother time. I don't like missing the appt's, but work gets in the way sometimes. My girls are big. She was 42lb (95%) and in the 50th percentile for height. She looks like she's thinning up some. Your pictures are great.

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.