2 weeks ago we went on a little canoe trip down the Shenandoah River with our good friends Ashlee and Christian Hansen (who just moved yesterday to Utah for graduate school : ( We dropped our kids off at babysitters all day (hip hip hooray) and drove the long 3 hour drive to the river, paddled down stream the 8 mile stretch for about 3 hours, packed a lunch (ate lunch), and drove the 3 hours back home. It was so refreshing to ditch the kiddos for a day and to do something in the beautiful Shenandoah valley. Thanks to Ashlee and Christian for having an anniversary and inviting us, if it weren't for them we probably wouldn't have ever had this experience. 


Saturday, July 11, 2009
Oh Shenandoah I long to hear you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What a great thing to do! How beautiful!
Yay! I haven't even had a chance to look at all those pictures, so thanks for posting them. They turned out great. Thanks for coming with us, it wouldn't not been as near as fun by ourselves. But yes... refreshing without all the kiddos. So fun. I miss you and those kiddos already. Yesterday someone asked me who I had watch Carter while I worked and I told them and happened to mention Talens name and then Carter started saying 'Tah' 'Tah' over and over. Oh, sad, I hope he doesn't forget you guys!
Post a Comment