.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hoo Rah for Waitressing

As you all may have guessed from the Title of this post TEXAS DID NOT work out. I know, so sad : ( . We've had a couple of very down - in - the - dump - low - morale days, and after a whole lot of talking and thinking through different scenarios we've decided to send Jared on the road. On the Road? you may ask... yes on the road. I know... CRAZY.

We played with the idea of Jared getting a part time job and looking for a real job at the same time, we played with the idea of both of us working part time, we played with the idea of us possibly moving to Utah and working out there and living with my parents, and we are playing with the idea of staying in Missouri with my Brother and his cute little family and working out here.

Well we decided as of today, that the only way Jared is going to have a chance in this economy at getting a job is to get some real face time at agencies all over the country and he can't travel a few days a week and hold a regular job, so it's sort of been settled. I am going to try and work full time (probably as a server) and pay for the bills and Jared's traveling expenses. I know... GO ME!!! I'll have to work 40-50 hours a week to make enough to pay for these expenses and with the help of Bethany (sister-in-law) and my brother the kiddos will be taken care of.

My brother is working on getting me a job with him and his wife on the Showboat Branson Belle as a server and if that happens then it will be settled and Jared will make his first flight plans the week I get hired. If it doesn't happen we'll probably move to Utah.

The Showboat Branson Belle

So yeah! Now you're caught up on what's going on with us. It has definitely been a roller coaster ride ever since graduation, and I can say that in the back of my mind I almost sort of expected this to happen (which is kinda odd), it's definitely not what we had hoped for, but we've gotten back up, dusted our selves off and now we're ready for plan C. I can't tell you how grateful I am for my brother and his wife and their generous hospitality and kindness. It has been so fun staying here. We've been able to have the cousins play, play games, have barbecues, sight see (for practically free) and meet some great people.

I'm not sure how ready I am to take on this financial responsibility, I'm a little nervous about not seeing my babies, and about working in general, but what's important is that we both feel good about it, we hope it's temporary, and our spirits aren't as low because we feel like we're moving forward.

Thanks to everyone for all your notes of love, your support and prayers. I know there are so many people out there cheerleading for us and thinking about our little family and it really does mean so much. Just do me one favor and keep it up!



In the words of Beyonce, "After all the darkness and sadness, still comes happiness, If I surround myself with positive things, I'll gain prosperity. I'm a survivor, I'm not gon' give up, I'm not gon' stop, I'm gon' work harder, I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it, I will survive, keep on survivin. ... I will survive being fine, I will survive being sexy, I will survive being bootylicious... Yeah you know it uh huh, boo yeah! (I added that last part for emphasis)

8 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

Carlie,
You are a trooper. I know it is so hard. Many years ago. International Harvester ( a big long time company) folded after Greg worked there almost 5 years and we were without a job. It was our first job out of an MBA program. We did many things to survive ( that is a story in and of itself) and actually never had to touch our savings. We had just built a new house, had 4 kids and thought we were going to have to move.....almost took a job out of town. And then Greg was called to be the Bishop of a new ward and he got a job ( after 9 mos) It was a long haul and stressful but it eventually worked out.Our stake president said he prayed us there. We will all keep praying and I know you will land on your feet.
You are a great little family. And you are resourceful and willing to do whatever. I did things I never dreamed I would do. I am praying you will get the server job and Jared will find something in his travels. Hang in there. I am so glad you have your family for support.Miss you and will praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Carlie- You are super woman! And it will be fun to have to turn all those old men down who pick up on you and try to get your number while serving. Then you can tell Jared, "I still got it".

Hill Family said...

Oh you can do it!! Way to stay positive! You're in our prayers. If you need a place to stay in Cali, Jared, Let us know!

Tami Davis said...

Good luck, I know it's hard to work full time and not see the kids. I also know what it is like to be the only one with a job. You can do it. Hopefully it will be for just a short time.

Nehring Fun said...

Carlie, wow way to go girl. That does sound like a hard decision! Way to stay positive! Boo yeah:) I will be praying for you! Oh I have to tell you...we went to the park the other day and Izzy said we were going to see Talen there..well I had to sadly remind her that he had moved, she asked why and was really sad about it, she sure does miss him in nursery, they told us the other Sunday she didn't want to sit down because she didn't have her buddy Talen to sit by. Anyways good luck!! Stacy

Suzie Soda said...

Thanks Carlie for your message back. I know you will be making some BIG tips because you are so cute.... those DOM ( dirty old men) will be laying out the dough when you smile at them.

Jani Jo said...

Carlie, good luck with everything. I just want to say that I am proud of you and Jared for doing WHATEVER it takes to help your family have happiness and success. I know it's got to be hard, but good luck. And BTW, I love the Showboat Branson Belle. I experienced it once in 1999 and loved it; so I'm super excited for you:)

Ashlee & Christian said...

You go girl! Seriously, you have always been wonder woman in my eyes. You are such a great mom. I am excited for you guys and your new plans. You will do awesome as a waitress, you did before. That is so nice of your sister in law to watch the kids, what a blessing. You guys are amazing at how positive you have been through all this. I hope that traveling goes well for Jared, you guys will still be in our prayers. ps. I am a tiny bit sad though you aren't coming to Utah so I can see you guys, but know this is what is best for you guys.