.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Humbling, Overwhelming, and Grateful

I've been serving now for just two days (training is finally over) and I have met some incredible people already. Last night I had the pleasure of meeting a newly married couple (Brian and Michelle Severs) from Wisconsin, honeymooning in Branson, MO. After lots of chatting they learned about our situation out here, about my kids, and about Jared without work, and they found it very interesting. They told me how wonderful they thought it was that I was working and how much they respected me for it, and also complimented me on my serving. I also learned all about them. Basically they were just lovely lovely people and I remember now why I loved serving so much in Utah - I just love to meet new people and to try and provide an enjoyable experience for them. Well after picking up the check and wishing them a good evening, I checked my tip a little later and became instantly overwhelmed with the generosity and kindness the Severs bestowed upon me. I received a $50 tip on a $50 ticket. My eyes actually stung with tears and I had to take a moment in the back of the kitchen to regain my composure. I have never received that kind of generosity from people I barely knew in my life. I am overwhelmed with gratitude and I am humbled by this couple andthe love that existed in their hearts for me. I don't think I'll ever forget them. They touched my heart. This kind of thing just doesn't happen everyday.

4 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

WOW,,,what a cool experience A tender mercy from the Lord for sure You are easy to love and deserve it.
You are in my prayers. Miss you. xoxoxo

ps. I know a girl from here who works in Branson......
Natalie Rodgers. Maybe you will meet her She is LDS.

My Three Snakes and Snails said...

wow... that's all I can say!

Ashlee & Christian said...

Wow, that is so cool. you are doing the right thing. I was thinking about you today and how patient of a mom you are, because I am lacking some serious patients lately, and was really missing your good example. So since I am so behind in my blogging I just had to come to yours and be updated. Then I read all these adorable things your kids are doing and saying and I confirmed my belief of how good of a mom you are. Here you are working and you still are so patient and cute with your kids. You are awesome. Tell me how you do it so maybe I will someday ever want 2 kids.

J, K, L, and D said...

What an awesome post.
And an awesome family.
Hope you guys are well...