.post img { float:center; min-width:360px; max-width:360px; max-height:360px; min-height:360px; padding : 10px; line-height : 2em; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; clear: both; }

Monday, October 5, 2009

Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse

So I've been training for the past week to be a server at a restaurant called Texas Land and Cattle(TXLC)and I start on the floor tomorrow! Yea! Training was brutal and required in depth classes, tests, and lots and lots of studying and I was starting to get a little annoyed because I've been so anxious to get on with the job and to start making some money. Learning all the alcoholic beverages we serve has been the most challenging. We have tons and tons of options.

Below are a few pictures of where I work, it's kind of a cool place because it overlooks a lake called Lake Taneycomo (it looks like a river) and it also overlooks these fountains that are actually a very popular attraction here in Branson because there is a fountain show with fire, put to music every hour on the hour, and they also occasionally do fireworks displays right over the fountains. It's a great location and it's only about a 5 minute drive from my brother's house. Hopefully I'll make good money. I think I'll enjoy it. I actually do enjoy serving and I just hope that the tips are better out here than they are in cheap Utah Valley.

Wish me Luck : )




3 comments:

Emily said...

You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

I think you'll get great tips, 1)because you are so likable 2) all the booze, and 3)It's mostly old people who eat out in Branson and then can't tell the difference between a 5 and 50 dollar bill :) Good luck!

Charlotte Lundell said...

I love Texas Land & Cattle. I ate there a number of times when I lived in Austin. I hope you make lots of money! Maybe sometime soon I will be able to come out and patron the establishment. Luvs