...my little ones surprise me with things that remind me of why it's so special to be a mother. One morning I came out to find this...
This hardly ever happens so I had to take a picture. On occasion they also say some really cute things and I wanted to record them and share them(which is probably only interesting to grandparents):
Kendal (22 months):
"elphadent" - elephant
"betadee" - Bethany (sister-in-law)
"funder" - thunder
"sun beep" - sun beam
"abcstars" - for the past few months now, whenever you ask her what song we should sing she always says "abcstars" because she has figured out that twinkle twinkle little star and the abc's are the same tune - and so we have to sing both because to her they are the same song.
"are you okay daddy/mommy" - whenever someone coughs.
"catarpillllllaaar" - caterpillar
"eatmeel" - oatmeal
"gogiegocks" - goldilocks
"i lick me" - when the dogs lick her
The other day Kendal chased me down in the hallway and said "you silly pilly"
"Can-di-sit by you?"
"Can-di-do it?"
"nukala bar" - granola bar
-She can count to 10 all by herself, and she knows almost all of her abc's and she knows all of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She always yells "yay!" for herself and for Talen after they finish singing a song.
-she knows the first and second article of faith by memory
-You ask her what her name is and she says,"kiki biki" because I always call her that. I think it's really cute that she says that, I also call her "gorgi porgi", "suguar boogar", and "kenny benny"?
- I'll ask her who my "kiki biki" is and she'll say, "I'm right here!"
-Tonight on the way home from the mall Kendal said, "I tooted in my mouth", which meant she had burped. I thought that was pretty hilarious and I'm pretty sure she learned it from Talen.
- I was putting her to bed and I told her that I wanted to tell her a secret and I whispered, "I love you and your my little angel" and then I said "do you want to tell me a secret?" and I put my ear to her lips and she whispered, "be quiet" and then we both started busting up laughing - she the complete opposite of loving. (she won't snuggle or say I love you unless she is forced)
My favorite story: I was getting her out of the van one night, and there was a full moon, and she said, "Can-di touch the moon?" and I said sure and she reached her hands out to the moon, and then she said, "can-di grab it?" and then I said sure and she pretended to grab the moon, and then she asked, "can-di eat it?" and I said sure and she pretended to eat it, and then I asked her "what does it taste like?" and she thought about it for a minute and then with a grin said "apples" and then we both started giggling - it was so so cute.
Other interesting things about Kendal:
-she loves the story of the three bears (she likes to help tell the story and fill in the blanks) (for example I'll say, "so she tried papa bears oatmeal but it was too... and she'll say "soft" or "hard" or "spicy")
-she loves when I do little piggies on her toes
-She loves to read books one on one and help you tell the story and repeat everything you say, and if you get animated then she gets really animated. If there is a book with flaps she has to make sure every flap is closed before you can go to the next page.
-The only time I've ever been able to get her to use her falsetto voice is when she imitates a kitty noise "meow" - everyone comments on her low voice and I've been told by many people that they think she'll probably be an alto : )
-she loves to play hide and go seek - she always has - she just loves to be found - I think it's exciting for her
-she loves to be chased
- she loves to tease (she'll take toys from Talen and Kashton and hide them behind her back with a big smile on her face while they are screaming for the toys back - little stinker, and when you ask her to come here to get dressed or to put on shoes she'll come just close enough for you not to be able to reach her and then she'll start smiling and taking a few steps back and then when you reach for her she'll turn around a run away so that you have to chase her - little stink butt)
Talen (3 years old):
-he was writing letters to some friends in Virginia, and after finishing one he asked if i wanted one and i said "sure" and he said "okay but you have to be a good girl" (then I said"what??" and I tickled him to death)
-so I've been walking a bit here and there for exercise around the nieigborhood, which is pretty hilly, and one day I was pushing Talen, Kendal, and Kashton in our double stroller up a very steep hill and I was going very very slow and I was huffing and puffing... (Talen = 37 lbs, Kashton = 25 lbs, Kendal = 26 lbs + stroller weight = approx. 110 lbs) and Talen said looking down at the pavement "mommy ... you're not very good at this ..... I think we need to go get the car" : ) I started laughing so hard in the middle of pushing that I had to stop pushing for a minute. So after I gained control of myself I made him get out of the stroller and help me push the two littler ones up the hill - little stinker.
-he snuck some fudge out of my purse one afternoon when I wasn't looking (and shared it with Kashton) and after I caught him and put him on time out he said, "mommy I'm sorry I ate your special fudge, I just ... wasn't thinkin about it, I forgive you" followed by a hug around my legs. How do you ever stay angry at any child when they say things like this.
- One day he grabbed Kendal and said "do you want to sit on my lap" and grabbed her around the waist and had her sit in between his legs and they snuggled for a minute, and then he said,"Mommy do you want to take a picture of this?" (He knows me too well)
-Jared made roasted chicken for dinner and gave Talen a chicken leg on his plate to eat and Talen said, "Daddy, I'm like Bear Grills" and I asked him "who is Bear Grills?" and he said, "The guy that eats bugs."
We are having a rainstorm and he said, "mommy mommy it's raining, we need to go find a new house before it rains in Missouri!"
Jared had some pumpkin muffins in the oven and the buzzer was going off and Jared was ignoring it while looking at a website on the computer. Talen came over and said, "Daddy Daddy it's beeping, it's beeping, it's beeping", and Jared said "okay, okay, okay" and Talen said, "Daddy just say thank you for telling you it was beeping." (Ha Ha Ha - I love it)
The End... for now.
Monday, October 5, 2009
On Occasion...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh the cuteness. You don't have to be a greandparent to eat that stuff up!
I think it amazing that Kendal picked up on the abcstars thing - I think you've got yourself a musical girl! They are both so smart and creative, too!
Is it weird that I feel like she has already gotten bigger since I last saw her? I miss her. Also, now that you are no longer here we now have no reason to go to church...just kidding, but we miss you guys.
very cute, they say the funniest things. They really do listen to everything we say. The girls copy the exercise videos we do and they both will tell me to "march in place, march in place" or "hook, jab, uppercut side kick" they get the tone and context very well. We also call Rhianne jorjie porgie - her middle name is Jorja. Good luck w/ the job.
I'm not a grandparent and I loved reading that! =) Miss you
Post a Comment